• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 935 no low air buzzer or parking brake light

Jesse6325

I'n trying to solve an electrical problem on a M935 for somebody. So far I have no parking brake light, switch tests good I think, It shows open whith p brake applied and closed with parking brake released, No power to parking brake switch, No power to either low pressure switch either. Just wondering if anoy one else had run into this and if so was it the fail safe module? What I am getting so far and what I am reading in the TM's make me think it's the fail safe.

rrrr

Your fail safe warning box controls those. Eriks' has them. They are located by your left foot sitting in the drivers seat on the side panel almost under the dash.
I had to replace mine, the warning was on all the time.

rrrr

rrrr is correct. Replace the box and you will be good to go. And remember to shut down the truck by turning the OFF/RUN/START switch off first, then turn off the battery switch. Correct shut down will make the fail safe box last longer.

In addition, if you don't shut the truck down correctly you could damage your ABS ecu. That will be very costly to replace.

Jesse6325

Thank you, I have already stressed the importance of proper shutdown/startup procedures to the guy who actually owns it as well as given him electronic copies of all the TM's ans advised him rather strenuously on the importantance of reading and following them,,,, Thinking I might fib a bit and tell him that improper shutdown has already cost him a $200.00 part and he's darn lucky at that.

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Well I do not think that would be a fib. More like a l fact. If people do not read the manuals then they will become very good friends of Eric soon. It will make him a very happy/well to do vendor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks