• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-939 Or HMMWV Seats In M-1009?

NMC_EXP

Has anyone retrofitted an M-1009 with the driver's seat from the M-939 (part number 2540015329633)? Is it an air ride unit?

Same for HMMWV seats (part number 57K0290).

Looking for something which would not require fabricating a base.

Regards

Jim

natemccabe

I was gonna say, HMMWV seats that I remember were horrible. The TC seat was just a pad of foam on top of the battery box, and the driver's seat was one step up from a lawn chair.

NMC_EXP

Good to know about the HMMWV seats. The M-939 seats on the market look like they out to be comfortable. Never know until you're in one for a few hours.

Thanks guys.

Jim

NMC_EXP

The new style HMMWV seats aren't bad, the biggest plus I could see is getting rid of the gangsta lean.

The "gangsta lean" is the main thing I do not like about the original seats.

There are trainloads of surplus NOS HMMWV seats being sold on GL. Are these the new style?

Regards

Jim

jw4x4

my 932A1 came with a springer base. I removed the spring and replaced it with an air bag. The original seat bottom and back were untolerable so they got replaced with a HMMWV seat and I think it is very comfortable now.

Red_506

I'm not sure of the nsn for the new seats; I have seen them on the devil (egay) though. I would assume that you would need to fab up new mounts to adapt them to the CUCV.