• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M.A.N. M1013 is home

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's under the hood? Did it come with the tow attachment?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Dang.... that things a MAN and a half!!! Betcha the coordinator keeps the lower portion of the tires washed off for ya.

Even if ya never fix it.... it's something worth saving. Does it run / drive?

scooter01922

WOW, nice truck, looks like it runs pretty well too. Flapper on the exhaust is up so i'm gonna guess thats its running in the pics, no smoke to tell for sure.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: M.A.N. M1013 is home

WillWagner said:
What's under the hood? Did it come with the tow attachment?
The engine is a V10, liquid cooled diesel. Model D2840, 401 bhp at 2300 rpm. 17:1 compression ratio w/glow plugs.

This is from the operators TM (my scanner is on the blink, so no diagrams) :(

It's classified as a 10-ton like the HEMTTs one of the first applications was to replace the 5-ton xm757 8x8 in the Pershing program (Germany) when the Pershing was upgraded to P2. Later the HEMTT took over....

Only the M1013 has a crane, used to assemble the Pershing missile sections (the crane was on the semitrailer for the Pershing 1A). The wrecker, M1002, has the recovery unit and no 5th wheel.

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: M.A.N. M1013 is home

400 @ 2300, Impressive. Makes good power at a low RPM. Should be good on fuel. I'd love to hear it run. Nce truck!

tcody

M1075 - Yes - has the Holmes FW-35. One of these days I would like to exchange some information with you and put together a summary of the 5th wheel units for the ss site. I know you have one that is unique.

Recovery4x4 - yes out of VA!

Scooter 01922 - well - not running. Really needs work. She was pretty much leaft for dead in a yard near the coast. It will take a lot to get her running again.

Cranetruck - thanks for the engine pic. You always amaze me with your knowledge and collection of useful stuff!

Willwagner - will post a video clip of her running if and when! The V10 has a unique sound. More like the barges we have on the Mississippi than a straight 6.

Jasonjc - sometimes good help is hard to find! See below.

Cheers
Thane

PS - I am always looking for MAN parts or parts trucks to feed the obsession! Any help appreciated. Thanks to Mason for pointing me to this truck, should keep me busy for a few years!

Attachments

taperrine

From a former GLCM guy who loves the MAN M1013 and M1014 trucks, thanks so much for taking the time and effort to bring one of the greatest military vehicles ever built back to life (Yeah, I know, personal opinion).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks