• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-number for trailer?

iatractor

Does anyone know if there is or what the m# number for this trailer might be? Data plate reads
Fuel Servicing
Type A-1B
Spec MIL T7623
MFG P# T 1000
SN K55822
Order # AF-33-600-24129timstrailer2.jpgm
Stock# 5045-5-5602
Paramount products corp.
Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the data plate.
timstruckandtrailer.jpg A friend of mine acquired this trailer in Nebraska from a private sale. Owner said he bought it down at Offut AFB back in the mid 1990's (same guy I bought my M149 from). Has a Wisconsin engine on it, and appears to be plumbed to pull off of another trailer, pump back into the tank, circulate, or fill equipment. Also is equipped with a hand pump. The hitch is adjustable in height but still equipped with the a lunate eye. Highest position and it will hook to my m35, lowest, will hook to his pickup and m37.
Basically I'm looking to find the tech manual and find an m-number for this so I can do some research.

3dAngus

WOW! That one is really sweet. I know about a dozen farmers who would love to have something like that. Bring it to the field, rather then come out of the field for more fuel. Very nice keeper.

iatractor

They guy that my friend and I bought our trailers from used this one to haul fuel to his dozer and my m149 was used to haul water for the cattle. Back when I farmed, I would have loved to have had this trailer too. Think it is either a 400 gallon or 600 gallon unit. The only thing not military on it are the tires. Previous owner replaced the ndt with some old semi trailer bias ply ones. Doesn't look out of place. Be kind of curious what kind of equipment the air force serviced with these trailers.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Fuel Servicing" These were to put avgas in just about everything with wings. You see them in pictures of forward air base ramp shots.

iatractor

It does not have a M number. It is WWII vintage.
Thanks for the info. I was striking out on various online searches. Found some trailers similar to it with a large cabinet where the engine sets on this one. So does this mean that they would have been using WWII equipment up into the 90's? I think the data tag on the engine says something like 1970, but I'll check when I go back to work next week and stop in and look at the trailer some more.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lots of times the military re-purposes things like this. The pump could have been a modern replacement. Notice the WWII tail lights and intervehicular cable receptacle. Also, the rear pintle was so you could daisy chain numerous of these together. Would be neat to repaint in WWII OD color and bring to airshows.

iatractor

Tim is planning to repaint it in od/camo. Having the back pintle came in handy since we hooked my m149 behind the fuel trailer on our Nebraska recovery. Both trailed home beautifully ne,daisy chained. Once it gets re-done, we are going to hook them behind the deuce for some photo shots.

R1-01010-0009.jpgR1-01010-0008.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is some info on this type trailer on the CCKW.org site under "trailers" tab.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks