• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M series % ton wheel nut torqe

kaiser2help

M series 5 ton wheel nut torqe

Does anyone have spec for the wheel nut torque on the M series 5 ton. I am mounting my drivers side front which has LH thread.Thanks.

Last edited:

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the "Old Days", before torque wrenches & I" impact wrenches, we did all that by hand with the "Budd Wrench" and a cheeter pipe. Then, the proper torque was that you tightened lugs till they "Popped". That is still the proper torque. When they pope, they won't come off. That is a lot of work, mind you, and it takes a six foot cheeter pipe that you often have to bounce on the end of, with all your weight. You'll know what I mean by "pope", after you have done a few.

Lee in Alaska

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No way! Budds were around for many years, and not just on the MV's, but on the commercial vehicles. If they got loose it makes a terrible mess that you have to often cut off with a torch. That is a problem on the side of the road. The only thing worse then a flat on an inside dual, was to have the wheels get loose & rattle around, because it boogers the threads & breaks studs.

Lee in Alaska

Pappa-G

I had to remove a wheel off my truck and broke the bud wrench. I ended up putting a 5ton floor jack beneath the end of the 5' cheater bar on the 3/4" drive breaker bar. The last 3, I had to pull the truck forward to get them to break (bent the hell out of every thing but the floor jack) the last one had to be heated with a torch. Never had any worries about them comming off though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks