• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m100 and m416 recovery

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
THey look good in the pictures, so here's hoping you are not disappointed! [thumbzup]

The topper on the 416 looks interesting, maybe you can post some details once the recovery is complete?

Have a safe trip.

Cheers

harleyhouse

Looks like they were multiplying in the woods "first picture"
Were they rentals or personal collection?
How much did you get them for?
Keep us posted.

I like the color!

Tobiasinla

Keep us posted.

I like the color!
Someone was shopping at the Forest Service, in Allenstown, NH

At least someone around here got some of them at what looks like a good price from the auction pictures.

At least they gave you SF97's with your trailers. GSA sold mine as scrap because the crazy lady in FT Worth said they were too old. :x

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
THey look good in the pictures, so here's hoping you are not disappointed! [thumbzup]

The topper on the 416 looks interesting, maybe you can post some details once the recovery is complete?

Have a safe trip.

Cheers
The topper definitely looks homemade, I'll post some pics for sure once I get them home. I have another 416 tub (minus the tailgate:x) so if the tub is trashed, I'll just swap it out.
Keep us posted.

I like the color!
I paid 4 bills each, I bought the 416 just so I could have something else to haul back.:lol: If the m100 is nice, I might weld in the missing piece and paint it green.

Someone was shopping at the Forest Service, in Allenstown, NH

At least someone around here got some of them at what looks like a good price from the auction pictures.

At least they gave you SF97's with your trailers. GSA sold mine as scrap because the crazy lady in FT Worth said they were too old. :x
In VT we don't need titles for trailers this old (or trucks), but it would be nice to have the paperwork anyways.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice saves! Once you get a 1/4 ton trailer, life will never be the same. You'll find uses for it all over the place!

K9Vic

Why are these M416 trailers 2000 miles away from me, dang....... There are never any good trailers in at the auctions in my area.

Nice job, keep us updated on the progress.

Pawnshop

Why are these M416 trailers 2000 miles away from me, dang....... There are never any good trailers in at the auctions in my area.

Nice job, keep us updated on the progress.
I have three "jeep" trailers (M416, M762 and Bantam T3-C) that ALL came from the D-FW area, keep looking they are out there, and seem to congregate near you!

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Fun fact: An m100 will fit in a full size chevy van (barely).
The m100 is real nice, no rot at all, the tailgate was well done, except its made of wood. The landing leg works, the lunette spins, and the trailer is pretty straight. The CUCV sized tires had to be removed for the trip, but it worked out ok.

Attachments

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
The 416 towed great the whole trip. The ndt's are in good shape, and the lights even worked! The topper is wood... I plan on removing it. The tub is in super nice shape, nicer than any other i've seen (except for the tailgate:x) The bad thing about it is the springs are trashed and will need to be replaced, which is suprising because the rest of the trailer is great shape.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tobiasinla

Today we removed the ball hitch adapter from the m416 and the lunette looks good. We also removed the wood top, the tub, the springs and the axle.

I'm supprised your PM box isn't full of people requesting that ball hitch adapter.

Any idea what the forest service put in the 416 with that top? My trailers were used for drip torches and still smell of the diesel concoction.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I'm supprised your PM box isn't full of people requesting that ball hitch adapter.

Any idea what the forest service put in the 416 with that top? My trailers were used for drip torches and still smell of the diesel concoction.
I think it was tanks of some sort, I found some "4500 psi" stickers in the tub. Whatever it held, it must have been heavy as the springs are completley demolished. And from the looks the tub, it was rarely used, because the metal isn't even pitted.

Today all I did was put a couple of civi tires on the 416 wheels. Hopefully tomorrow I can paint the axle and clean up the frame a bit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks