• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M100 used to get radio gear today

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took the M100 trailer out for a tow today to ShieldWolf37's place, he has been a ham radio guy for years and he said he had a pile of stuff that was military that he didn't want anymore. All of it was stuff that needs to be restored, but some of the gear went back to WWII, including some ARC-5 stuff, MAR radio, RBO radio, some ART-13 pieces, etc. He wanted me to bring to Aberdeen and try to unload most of it there, seeing as he wants it to go to a home that would take care of it, rather than collecting dust in his sheds.

In addition to the stuff to sell, he offered me a nice R-390A receiver, perhaps the best receiver ever made, as a gift of appreciation for selling his wares at the show. It needs some TLC, but talk about a gift much appreciated! It will become part of my ham radio collection, and will eventually get cleaned up and back on the air.

Some pics of the recovery....

Attachments

pidgeon

Nice. I run an R-390a and hands down it is the best rx I've ever run. I run a folded 80m dipole into the balance connector and can easily get the entire pac rim, africa and russia as well as canada, mexico. Europe is a once and then occurance, but that's more the antenna than anything.

For ssb operation once I figure out the power supply, I have the Manson Labs CV-1694 that was used with the high stability version of the R390a they made for NASA. What's the manufacturers tag on your r-390a?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks