• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1007 - CUCV Suburban Clone Build Thread

91burb

The pictured fore stock mount shouldn’t be a problem. However, since the Suburban floor is different than the truck floor. The butt stock mount might take some imagination.
this is what I’m starting off with. I picked up this 91 three-quarter ton for 1300 bucks didn’t run but the interior was perfect. They had put a new motor in it didn’t hook any of the grounds up and fried the whole ignition system hooked up all the grounds and rebuilt distributor and replaced The computer runs perfect now fully loaded Silverado you never see these 91 v2500s for sale I had already had all the spare parts from my other 91 that I had rebuilt

Attachments

Lil Pete

If you need a replacement coolant barf tank. Look for a Chevy van replacement tank. I don't remember the year range....70's? Use a heat gun on the mounting ear and you're in business.
BTW, I replaced my old cracked tank after the heads got ruined from coolant loss. Oops $800 for new heads...BEWARE, BE WARNED!!

Barrman

The Cowdog just keeps getting driven and driven like a regular vehicle. Over 300 miles during thanksgiving and another 300 yesterday for family visiting. 5 adults traveling in comfort at or above open highway speeds.

Running 75-80 for hours on end used to get me 16.5-17.5 mpg. I guess the new 20% biodiesel they sell at the pump now has less energy still than the 10%. I only got 16.2 thanksgiving and 16.3 yesterday. Or it could be Houston and the drag race/crash stop type of driving needed to survive on those roads.

87cr250r

I used to run the Propel fuel that was available about 10 years ago in my CUCV. I was refilling every 5 days on regular diesel and 4 days on Propel. That was a full 20% reduction in economy. While it was less expensive it wasn't worth the extra time to get to the pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks