• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1007 Suburban CUCV Conversion

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There a a few threads on the "M1007" or if you will "M1029" (upsized M1009) conversions. Also the newer CUCV 2 and LSSV trucks are good looking.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck has been sold for a year or so. I don't know who has it now.

I'm building one simular to it.

Last edited:

wardepartment

I will try to stay focused. I look forward to seeing pics of your progress (hint, hint).I seldom take 'in progress' photos, something that I intend to do better at with my next venture. I certainly appreciate it when others post pics, kind of cool to see other people's imaginations and handy-work.

toyotaboy83

I want to build an M1007 too!!!

Hey Rick,

Kudos on the perfect ride. I've got an '85 Burb 4x2 with a 454, TH400, and 14 bolt FF. My goal is to buy an M1008 and strip the front end and 4x4 parts off of it, and regear the Dana 60 to 4:10. Unfortunately, where I live, you can't do an engine swap and still register it. Therefore, I had to buy one with a 454 already in it. The burb I got only had 60k miles on it, and was in perfect shape. So I feel ok about it.

I don't suppose you feel like writing a book about your conversion. Complete with art and all do you? It's exactly how I'd like to do mine. Except I didn't score the diesel.

Scott

I saw this old post and was amazed at the level of detail the OP went to to create a Suburban model of the CUCV. Nice job. Did you put in the bayonet socket for the STE/ICE diagnostic tool too and does it work? :D
The only GI Suburban I ever saw was formerly in the USAF and painted blue. The fellow who runs Alfa Heaven has one and he brings it to the Military Show in Iola, WI every August.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
once again!!! lol

I find myself postin to an old thread! but Mr. Rick I hope we
have the pleasure of meeting at some place and time. (Like minds
and such) I say this as a lot of what I was planning to do is already a
reality in the truck you have built here.
I too have a burb that will get the "CUCV" Treatment as soon as I finish
"GET HER DONE" My idea of what a 4 dr. CUCV CMT- might have
worked out like had the Govt. gone this route. Love what you did here
and hope mine looks as good when she is done!!! Thanks for
sharing your's. .............popacom / Bill in Ky. :beer:

P.S. my burb has been dubbed by my grandson as : " THE BATTLE BURB" :shock:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rick hasn't posted in a while and last I heard, the burb had been sold. Updates are unlikely at this time.

saddamsnightmare

October 9th, 2013.

Interesting! A civilian vehicle converted to a pseudo military truck, how very southern..... Now lets do a Toyota land-cruiser conversion, that should be a 100% of a real hoot. I'll give the man credit, but it seems like a waste of money as the vehicle had nothing to do with the military, but then it is no different then chopping or bobbing perfectly useful military vehicles into something they were never intended to be......
I rather be the guy to own the first legitimately imported KIA M715 of M35 knockoff, as they were produced under US License and are thus legitimate trucks...:twisted:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I rather be the guy to own the first legitimately imported KIA M715 of M35 knockoff, as they were produced under US License and are thus legitimate trucks...:twisted:
I have a guy with boots on the ground trying to nab me a KIA M715. No luck yet but we haven't given up hope.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks