• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 6.2 starter 24v, worth anything?

litning

I am in the process of converting a M1008 from 24v to 12v and will have some spare parts leftover from the old system (24v starer relays, glow plug resistor, starters).

Can you guys give me some ballparks as to what they are worth (in working but used condition)?

Thank you

John

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not knowing the condition, other than working, I'd guess $50 to someone who wants an OEM starter.
The shipping on it could kill any deal, and new 24V gear reduction starters can be had for as little as $125 shipped.
Why are you converting to 12V?

litning

Why are you converting to 12V?
We are converting it to 12v for a few reasons. First, this is a forestry truck for the Fire dept I work for and we have had issues in the past with the starter failing and having to wait days to get replacement parts (starter, relay). Another reason is availability of parts.

I just replaced the dash harness in this rig due to an electrical failure, so while we have it out of service, we are going to go though it and make it as fireman proof as possible.

As for the trade offers, thanks everyone, but we already acquired a 12v starter to put in it's place.

John

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are converting it to 12v for a few reasons. First, this is a forestry truck for the Fire dept I work for and we have had issues in the past with the starter failing and having to wait days to get replacement parts (starter, relay). Another reason is availability of parts.

I just replaced the dash harness in this rig due to an electrical failure, so while we have it out of service, we are going to go though it and make it as fireman proof as possible.

As for the trade offers, thanks everyone, but we already acquired a 12v starter to put in it's place.

John
Makes sense. Good luck

fitz

I'm from Mass and would be interested in a spare starter. How much $$ and what part of NH are you from?

litning

if we decide to sell the starters, i will let those interested know via PM.

Thank you all for the answers/ideas.

litning

I have permission to sell of the spare parts from the M1008 that I won't be using for the conversion... I have 2 starters, the glow plug resistor and a 24v gauge. Would I be out of line asking for $100 each on the starters, $50 on the resistor and $20 on the gauge?