• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 Alternators are a MarineAlternators

hey yall arent the alternators on The Cucvs nothing but a marine app alternator i found this while looking for alt parts just curious anyone have any experience with this specific alt (sorry web site didnt have a pic of it ) looks promising though whats yalls thoughts (alternatorparts.com)

12 Volt, 100 Amp 27Si Type 200 Series Universal Marine Diesel Alternator

Price: $189.95

Quantity:
* Whole number only

Delco type universal marine diesel alternator - 27Si Type 200 series, negative ground, 12 volt, 100 amp with adjustable voltage regulator. Pulley not included

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a regular alternator that doesn't have the isolated ground. I went to the website and read the description.

The CUCV alts are 27si type 100, not the type 200. Different housing.

rnd-motorsports

Marine alternators are not the same may look the same but are different A marine alternator is ignition protected yes they are externally grounded just like the cucv alternator but also other parts are different to remove the chance of a spark! witch is a bad thing in a sealed engine bay on a boat. as with the starter.

oh i c Alternator.com had quite a few things of interest i was looking at the adjustable voltage regulators the 420 bridge it was suppose to take the heat away from the alt and convert it to usable dc current wandered if that was feasible considering the duty our alts go thru any input im defintely interested in hearing from everyone thanks for the posts im learning every day more about my 1008 i love it it keeps me busy and out of trouble :mrgreen:

rnd-motorsports

I guess I'V got your sickness the gm sickness never really gave it a thought till I read your signature everything I have owned in the last 25 years has been GM except my John Deere stuff. :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks