• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 - Battery Tray Replacements?

MaximumBob

Looks like the front battery leaked (sometime during its 22-year life) and pretty much rotted it out - can be repaired, but looks like a lot of work. Rear battery tray - in better shape, but will also need some work. Long preamble to the question - does anyone know of a source for replacement battery trays? I'm guessing that the LMCTruck trays will not fit because the military batteries are HUGE.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

MaximumBob

MaximumBob

That would be great - let me know if you've got any solid used trays. I hate to admit this, but my CUC (although it appears to only have 50,000 miles or so) might have been a better candidate for a "parts truck". Like the joke when I was a kid, "if a worm crawls into your ear and starts eating your brain; how far will he go? ... about half way, the second half he's actually eating his way back out the othe side!

New hood, new windshield, new tailgate, rebuild driveshaft, two new mil-spec batteries, instrument panel .... and now [hopefully] battery trays. Good news is that the basic truck appears to be very solid.

Again, thanks for checking your spare parts inventory.

MaximumBob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks