• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 cargo cover and bow Dimensions

xenocath

searching.............
I am seeking info on where to acquire parts for a cargo cover all the hardware and bows etc..been looking for awhile and cannot seem to find the right spot, any help would be greatly appreciated in tracking this stuff down.

Milbikes

I have advertised looking for simple measurements or sketches of the M1008 top bows. They look pretty simple, and I was thinking I could just use my conduit bender and make my own. No replies to my requests so far.

edpdx

Are you looking for an OEM set or just something reliable to keep your cargo cover in place? I bought mine a few years ago from a guy that had a torched set in his yard. He rewelded and ground them down. The shipping was fair. I got all the parts except for the rail that attaches to the tailgate. I fabbed one up and even located the turnbuttons.

You could make a set; but the real work is fabbing up the bed rails. If you get some of that plastic deck building 2x3s for uprights and put them in the postholes, you could run conduit or steel pipe or rod for the cross pieces. I would line them with pipe insulation. Then the covers have 3 support straps. I had to fab two up from surplus webbing.

I used to see cargo covers on the BAY. Bow sets... dunno.

DIESELGREEN

I bought my truck and she's got the bows, rails, and the original cover, albeit having some holes in it. I haven't tried pulling it out of the bed yet to see how bad the tears are. Material is great otherwise, as in not weatherbeaten. Every single one of the turnbuttons is there too. I'm debating about taking it off and offering it to someone who wants it. I believe it may have a missing webbing strap or two, i need to look at it again. I pulled it up and scratched my head a little trying to figure out how it was supposed to look when fully set up. Got any pics of one set up and all its components?

xenocath

searching.............
i finally got hold of most of the top set up just missing bows and a cover any chance anyone has measurements to fabricate the top bows? i have done a search and this question has come up numerous times and no answer in 22 threads lets try and fix that if we can.

cjcottrill

The bows are made out of "nesting" tubing, the largest is 1"OD. The three bows are 70" wide, center to center of the pipe (68-7/8" inside.) The front and rear top bow section is 36" from end to center tall. The center bow is 34-1/2 end to center. The lowers are: front & rear- 32-!/2 end to end with 5/16 mounting holes drilled 3/4" and 27-1/4 " from the end. If you need it, I'll have to take mine apart to get the center lower section, but I recall it to be about a foot long. If you them out of conduit, I would make the front and rear 70" center to center wide, and about 70" tall. The center would be 70" wide and 48" tall. You can test fit and cut to the exact length for a tight fit. I'm afraid EMT conduit might be a little weak if you go down the road with it. If you don't use nesting tubing, you won't be able to pull the pins to place it in the stow position, you'll have to take it off the truck when not in use. Citizensoldier gave me a good idea, he said the bows from a 101 will fit in the stake pockets, then the 101 can be attached. It is much lower for off roading and seems to be available. Look closly at the pictures in a previous post, you also need to attach straps to fasten to the bed and footmans loops to the bows for the center strap. I got a set of bows that needed a little work with a new tarp for 150.00 from craigs list. You see them posted here once in a while too. Keep looking, check CL too, You'll find a set.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bought my Oh-8 a few years back and immediately started collecting top parts. I was able to amass a nice used cover, a brand new cover, an arctic cover and bow and rails. Installed it and hated it. It will all be for sale at tbe GA rally.

hmsgoodhope

Looking for M1008 Cargo Cover/Parts

Hi all - old post but I thought I would give it a go,

If you (anyone else) come across any parts for M1008 Cargo Cover, Bows, Straps, Cover Fasteners, etc. Let me know - reply or PM. I have rails from original set , also have brand new cover.

Cheers!
Ed (HMSGOODHOPE)

lindyp38

I have advertised looking for simple measurements or sketches of the M1008 top bows. They look pretty simple, and I was thinking I could just use my conduit bender and make my own. No replies to my requests so far.
id be glad to help.......but weather is turning colder here........ill send u a pic....and u can foto shop it...so u can indicate what measurements u need....

hmsgoodhope

re. Fab for M1008 Bows

Excellent!

Seems enough folks are interested - if I had pipe bender I would do myself - not worth buying only for 1 project. Many thanks - I can get some measurements from pieces I have - 2 bows are intact - bent up but good for measurements.

Third Is broken but I have all parts. I am missing one short - extension piece but we can use other as template. Will get to later in week.

Thanks again for reply and suggestion.

Ed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks