• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 cold weather issue

1984CUCV

I shipped my m1008 from florida to maine in June and had no problem starting the truck in maine until 3 days ago. I left the truck outside and tried to start it in the morning with the outside temp about 35 degrees. The truck started fine and ran for a few minutes but when i started down the road the truck stalled and would not start. I thought it might be a plugged fuel filter so I changed it and the truck started and went down the road fine all day(by the time I got the new fuel filter the temp was about 50 degrees out). Well the same thing happened this morning (stared fine, but stalled and would not start once I got 100 yards down the road). Once the outside temp got up to about 50 degrees the truck started fine and went down the road with no issues.

Any ideas on what could cause this?? Thanks.

BTW the truck is 100 percent stock with no modifications.

2INSANE

Your truck is old. I had air getting in my fuel lines from old dried out cracked hoses on the fuel tank lines and air from the filter mount knob on top. For the colder weather I installed a manual toggle switch to control the glow plugs on/off time. Also a 1000 watt block heater:) Hope this helps.

pmramsey

Have you ever cleaned the inside of your fuel tank since owning the truck? Have you replaced the fuel lines from the tank and the one going to the IP. They are at least 25-years old and made of rubber. Did you cut open the first fuel filter and inspect for water or perhaps "black specs?"

idM1028

Also have a shop that can do it check, and if necessary, readjust your idle speeds. These trucks have two idle speeds: a fast idle speed when the engine is getting warmed up and a slow idle speed for everything else. You can check and adjust these speeds yourself, but it requires a special tool (namely a diesel timing meter) to do so.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks