• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 CUCV transfer to adapter gasket PN

LanceRobson

Does any one have a civvy PN for the transfer case to adapter gasket?

The local Chevy dealer ordered the wrong part.

I was advised to check to see if the local Aamco guy's got one but he's closed until Monday.

I really want go get this truck out of the shop and get another project it!

Thanks

Lance

Westech

CPL
you can go to a GM dealer or any auto parts store and get/order one. its a civy part. just have to order one for the case that is in the truck. CC help me out here its a 205 or 208

LanceRobson

BobM, The gasket PN was wrong. The local dealer's parts guy wasn't paying attention when I told him the truck had a NPG 208 TC. The gasket they got me was to adapt a tranny to a tranny extension or some such.

I'll go to the Aamco dealer in the AM and see what he's got to offer. I'll keep you advised.

I got the adapter into town too late for the FEDEX pick up. Unless they pick up from the shipper on Sat. it'll likely be Wed.-Thurs. before it gets to you.

Lance

BobM

LanceRobson said:
BobM, The gasket PN was wrong. The local dealer's parts guy wasn't paying attention when I told him the truck had a NPG 208 TC. The gasket they got me was to adapt a tranny to a tranny extension or some such.

I'll go to the Aamco dealer in the AM and see what he's got to offer. I'll keep you advised.

I got the adapter into town too late for the FEDEX pick up. Unless they pick up from the shipper on Sat. it'll likely be Wed.-Thurs. before it gets to you.

Lance
That will be fine. I'm a weekend wrencher anyways! That is if I can't find an excuse to put it off till another day! :wink:
And the check is in the mail. Really! :D

LanceRobson

UPDATE I went to the local Aamco joint. As I walked through the door with the remnants of the old gasket, the boss said "So, you need a Chevy transfer case gasket." As he said that, one of the mechanics, who was standing in the work bay door, reached around the corner and, without looking, picked one off a hook and handed it to me!

I guess I should have started out in the transmission shop! The boss said he buys them 30 at a time. He said any Aamco shop, or other transmission shop, would have one.

$6 later and the TC is ready to go in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks