• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 CUCV transfer to adapter gasket PN

LanceRobson

Does any one have a civvy PN for the transfer case to adapter gasket?

The local Chevy dealer ordered the wrong part.

I was advised to check to see if the local Aamco guy's got one but he's closed until Monday.

I really want go get this truck out of the shop and get another project it!

Thanks

Lance

Westech

CPL
you can go to a GM dealer or any auto parts store and get/order one. its a civy part. just have to order one for the case that is in the truck. CC help me out here its a 205 or 208

LanceRobson

BobM, The gasket PN was wrong. The local dealer's parts guy wasn't paying attention when I told him the truck had a NPG 208 TC. The gasket they got me was to adapt a tranny to a tranny extension or some such.

I'll go to the Aamco dealer in the AM and see what he's got to offer. I'll keep you advised.

I got the adapter into town too late for the FEDEX pick up. Unless they pick up from the shipper on Sat. it'll likely be Wed.-Thurs. before it gets to you.

Lance

BobM

LanceRobson said:
BobM, The gasket PN was wrong. The local dealer's parts guy wasn't paying attention when I told him the truck had a NPG 208 TC. The gasket they got me was to adapt a tranny to a tranny extension or some such.

I'll go to the Aamco dealer in the AM and see what he's got to offer. I'll keep you advised.

I got the adapter into town too late for the FEDEX pick up. Unless they pick up from the shipper on Sat. it'll likely be Wed.-Thurs. before it gets to you.

Lance
That will be fine. I'm a weekend wrencher anyways! That is if I can't find an excuse to put it off till another day! :wink:
And the check is in the mail. Really! :D

LanceRobson

UPDATE I went to the local Aamco joint. As I walked through the door with the remnants of the old gasket, the boss said "So, you need a Chevy transfer case gasket." As he said that, one of the mechanics, who was standing in the work bay door, reached around the corner and, without looking, picked one off a hook and handed it to me!

I guess I should have started out in the transmission shop! The boss said he buys them 30 at a time. He said any Aamco shop, or other transmission shop, would have one.

$6 later and the TC is ready to go in.