• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 door lock

cucvrus

Locksmith. Go to a locksmith and they can put one together for you. Or go to a Youpullit and get one from a GM truck of the same era/model and take it to the locksmith and get it re-coded/pins and tumblers? to work with your key. They are right and left door cylinders to keep it simple. I am sure you can make it left to right and right to left. But I wanted to keep it simple. If you have the cylinder and the cap is missing off of it the locksmith can put a new cover cap back on it for you. I hope I helped you out. Back in the same era as the CUCV even down to a Chevette will work as lock cylinders. I know a lot of 84-87 Chevettes already have the black subdued lock cylinders. Cool find at a Youpullit.

Gripy

I should have a pair of door locks and the ignition lock. I'll send them to you for the cost of shipping. But I would recommend changing the locks because the first thing I do when I see another cucv is check the locks with my old key. ;-)

cucvrus

Why would you do that? That in itself if a crime. And with the eyes in the sky watching at every moment you would not see me trying my keys on other peoples vehicles. Why would you? Just asking so I have some sort of understanding. Breaking and entering is just that. Or attempting to break and enter. I am being nice just asking so I must change every lock because someone might get in. locks were made to keep people honest. They don't stop they guy with the loaded center punch or brick which I seen carried in some no names guys truck. Complete with video of what it is used for. Putting your key in door locks at some areas will get you shot real quick in some places. Have a Nice Day.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like all my trucks keyed in the original key. Of course I have planned for the folks who have a key and might take the liberty to help themselves be it the war vet with PTSD wandering though the lot and happens to have a CUCV key or just curious members.

cucvrus

jeeze no need to get all butt hurt. I am offering the parts he wants with the suggestion that he do otherwise.
No harm No foul. I just would not recommend going around trying your keys on other peoples vehicles. It just seems dumb to me and with the way people are these days. It may bring unwanted trouble your way. I am sure others would agree. If it is not yours don't touch or mess with it. Putting your key in my door lock is messing with my vehicle. Sorry I did not know it would offend you and make you respond with the negative comment. Again have a nice day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks