• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 - first drive

warwick

The front battery was dead and the back was low...charged them and they held a good charge

while the bats were charging i had a chance to look over my GL M1008, everything is where it should be and in good shape. I put the bats back in fri afternoon, two tries nothin....

third try rrrrVAROOOOM... rattle,rattle,rattle,rattle..... :mrgreen:

I live out in the country so i went for a shake down run on some back roads....runs good no problems except for the GL bent rear drive shaft

as soon as I get my SF-97 and have my drive shaft retubed it should be good to go

thanks to SS , between the cucv manuals and a quick search I was able to answer most of my questions

Brian

Croatan_Kid

I seriously got lucky! I put in a new rear battery, fired mine up, drove it on the trailer, and the rear driveshaft was straight! :D

Cool beans on the new truck! No matter how many time you drive it, it'll still make you grin!

BobM

Croatan_Kid said:
I seriously got lucky! I put in a new rear battery, fired mine up, drove it on the trailer, and the rear driveshaft was straight! :D

Cool beans on the new truck! No matter how many time you drive it, it'll still make you grin!
Mine sure did! Even tho I had to retube the driveshaft and need to replace the tranny to TC adapter. The second looks as you drive are a real hoot! And I can already bet that directions around here will be given using "you know the guy with the Army truck" in them! :wink: