• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 fuel filter, fuel pump, & 60 g's

M1008driver

I thought I was getting Stanadyne but when the job is done you are kind of stuck. 60g's on a M1008 are better. Change the connectors and never worry about finding them again.

My fuel heater is no longer connected. Will that be a problem this winter?

Here's the pics:

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to get off my arse and do 60Gs in my truck as well as the relay mod. No excuse, I have the parts.

southdave

I would guess yes, about the heater just because of where live. Maybe consider a second filter (30 micron or so) mount use as primary with heater in it.. it would with water in the fuel and with starting

M1008driver

I thought about the heater and decided to carry some Diesel 911 with me all the time. I will try it for next winter, if I start having problems I will do something then. I know many here do not have fuel heaters in their diesel trucks.

M1008driver

While I research and try to troubleshoot this I am open to any input.

I picked up my M1008 from the diesel shop yesterday and it ran fine. I even drove around town with no problems. Today it will not start. The batteries are good and connections tight.

The starter is working. I did the doghead mod previously. What the shop did was replace the fuel pump, fuel filter, and changed the glow plugs to 60g's. I looked up the fuel pump and it is correct for a K30 6.2L engine. The filter has fuel and does not seem to have air. I also tried to start with the gas cap open with no results.

Last edited:

M1008driver

OK, this is weird. I was looking for the injection pump (I know, I am still learning and it is in the front with the pink wire) and took the air filter assembly off to trace the gas line. Everything looked normal, so I tried to start the truck with the assembly still off and the truck started right up.

I am thinking some kind of vapor lock. Any ideas on what just happened and the cause?

Attachments

Last edited:

Mohawk Dave

The wires on top of the IP control the cold-advance start. The IP will advance either 3 or 5 degrees. Make sure these connections are good. I am by no means an expert on the 6.2s, as I just started learning about these trucks 2/14/11. But you may have hit the green wire on the rear of the IP while removing the air filter, and thus causing connection.

I will wait to see what the others here have to input that are more experienced with this dilemma.

Best wishes,

Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks