• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 fuel filter, fuel pump, & 60 g's

M1008driver

I thought I was getting Stanadyne but when the job is done you are kind of stuck. 60g's on a M1008 are better. Change the connectors and never worry about finding them again.

My fuel heater is no longer connected. Will that be a problem this winter?

Here's the pics:

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to get off my arse and do 60Gs in my truck as well as the relay mod. No excuse, I have the parts.

southdave

I would guess yes, about the heater just because of where live. Maybe consider a second filter (30 micron or so) mount use as primary with heater in it.. it would with water in the fuel and with starting

M1008driver

I thought about the heater and decided to carry some Diesel 911 with me all the time. I will try it for next winter, if I start having problems I will do something then. I know many here do not have fuel heaters in their diesel trucks.

M1008driver

While I research and try to troubleshoot this I am open to any input.

I picked up my M1008 from the diesel shop yesterday and it ran fine. I even drove around town with no problems. Today it will not start. The batteries are good and connections tight.

The starter is working. I did the doghead mod previously. What the shop did was replace the fuel pump, fuel filter, and changed the glow plugs to 60g's. I looked up the fuel pump and it is correct for a K30 6.2L engine. The filter has fuel and does not seem to have air. I also tried to start with the gas cap open with no results.

Last edited:

M1008driver

OK, this is weird. I was looking for the injection pump (I know, I am still learning and it is in the front with the pink wire) and took the air filter assembly off to trace the gas line. Everything looked normal, so I tried to start the truck with the assembly still off and the truck started right up.

I am thinking some kind of vapor lock. Any ideas on what just happened and the cause?

Attachments

Last edited:

Mohawk Dave

The wires on top of the IP control the cold-advance start. The IP will advance either 3 or 5 degrees. Make sure these connections are good. I am by no means an expert on the 6.2s, as I just started learning about these trucks 2/14/11. But you may have hit the green wire on the rear of the IP while removing the air filter, and thus causing connection.

I will wait to see what the others here have to input that are more experienced with this dilemma.

Best wishes,

Dave