• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 fuel leaking at injector

milradioman

My M1008 is leaking fuel at the injector, best I can tell it is leaking from the connection to the line. I recently had the injector pump rebuilt, when I put the injector lines back on, this one line and two others leaked, the other two stopped when I tightened them, but this one injector will not stop, I removed the line connection cleaned it and reconnected it, but it is still leaking.
Anyone have any ideas?
Brian

Barrman

This is a very common problem. Remove it again, clean it again, install and see if it leaks. Repeat. Just be sure to tighten the fitting as little as possible because if it cracks or you crack the flare on the line, you need a new line. Which means pulling the manifold and most of the other lines off to replace just that one.

evldoer

You also might want to inspect the rubber return line from that injector. Last week I had an injector that was leaking. I tightened the injector down as hard as I could but it still had a leak. Upon further inspection the leak was coming from a small crack in the rubber return line. I replaced the hose leak had stopped. Good luck

Barrman

Forgot to add another problem the same area. If you happen to turn the injector itself as you are trying to tighten the line. It will leak. 7/8 open end on the injector, make sure it is tight with the line loose. Then hold the injector with the 7/8 and tighten the line with a 3/4.

milradioman

Ok, thanks for this one, that makes sense as to why it would still be leaking, I have been busy with other vehicle projects and have not had time to check it, but plan to this weekend.

milradioman

I thought this may have been the problem, so I cut off the end of the return line where the clamp is, but still leaks, I clean off the area with brake cleaner so I can see exactly where it is leaking, and appears to leak from the line connection or just below it(??).

milradioman

Update; I tried to tighten the the injector, but it was tight, could not loosen or tighten it. Again; loosened the line made sure it was lined up and tight, took a while for me to remember to check the leak, and it is still leaking(??). Is it possible the injector is plugged or restricted and causing it to leak?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks