• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Fuel Starvation Issues?

sedone

Hey Guys,
I have an 86 M1008 with the 6.2L that has 46,000 miles on it. I started her up a few days ago, got about 1/4 mile up the road and I started to feel a hesitation or misfire type situation. On a gas engine I would have thought that it was maybe a clogged fuel filter or dirt in the carb. It happens only at higher RPM's and it is inconsistent. She feels like she is bogging out but never dies out. If I let up and then feather the gas back in it comes back in fine. I ran a round of Cetane Booster/Injector Cleaner but that didn't help. I am going to put in a new fuel filter and cross fingers for the best. I am guessig that if that doesn't work that the next culprit might be the Fuel Pump or the injector Pump. Am I headed in the right direction? Are there any tests I can do to pin it down? Any adjustments? This is my first Diesel so please excuse the newness! Any help is much appreciated. I need to get sorted out by this weekend, I am taking my first trip to the Flat Nasty Off Road Park here in Missouri. I'd hate to get stuck 'cause she isn't running right.
Thanks in Advance, Oliver

acetomatoco

The rubber lines from the tank and the filter orings and other places allow fuel to drain back, and many CUCVs suffer from the fuel malady. A inline electric pusher pump solves many problems...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks