• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 gears stuck?

trc911

Hey all. 1985 M1008 my only vehicle and coincidentally my DD

35'' tires

I've been scouring the search bar on SS and google and have done (to my knowledge) everything to get rid of the gremlins of my shifting bane.

So far
-lines
-new modulator on pass side and line
-adjusting the valve on the side of the inection pump, was adjusted all the way forward to radiator, now adjusted all the way back to the cab.

my symptoms so far, I max out at 55 (hammer down and flat ground)
the sweet spot is 35mph (speedometer matches my GPS speed and doesn't fluxuate)
45 is the fastest that the truck will do on her own without pushing.

it only 'shifts' at 6-10 mph after that, nothing. just a long stretch of pedal to the medal and hitting 45 and roaring down the road

Shifting points
seems to skip 1st
shifts at 6-10mph (I can shift manually and it wants to shift at 12-15mph for 1st, and 20-25 out of 2nd)
even then 45 is the fastest I can get her to go on her own

I have seen people saying they do 55 and 60+ in their m1008 and I can't see or fathom it possible. but would love to see 50!!
I cruise 35-42 mph average.

Money is tight right now and I've just started my new job this week since being laid off 3 months ago. Catching up bills and no real wiggle room for new parts.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks