• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 gen 1 light

dlayman21

I'm new to this site. I just bought an 1984 m1008. Having a few issues, first I would like to find out if the gen 1 light is supposed to stay on all the time. When I first start the truck both lights come on then gen2 light goes off and gen1 stays on. My batteries are either being drained for some reason or they are not being charged. The battery gauge inside is in the yellow. Thanks.

cucvrus

My quick guess is the left alternator is not charging. All else should be good if the light is coming on. That is a plus. Take a voltage meter and test the alternator out put. Or just switch the alternators around. gen 2 light should come on then. My guess alternator if all the wires are hooked up properly and plug is tight. Double check. Let us know what you found.

TexAndy

blip the throttle. should kick the motor into high idle and make the gen light turn off.

That's what my m1009 does about 50% of the time. Gen 1 light stays on until I blip the throttle and the engine goes into high idle. Sometimes. Half the time it goes out within half a second of engine start, just like gen 2.

dlayman21

Well I am going to have to wait to figure out gen 1 issues, I think I having a fuel issue now, it will start with pedal down about 3/4 and as soon as I let it go the engine dies. What exactly is "blipping the throttle"?