• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 generator

cj8mule

I've decided to buy a M1008 but I'm pretty new to all this cool stuff. A few of them have a utility bin bed with a generator and compressor. It almost looks like a PTO driven, but it's hard to tell from the pictures. I don't see a separate engine in the pictures on GL.

Can someone point me to the right keywords to do a search?

Thanks -- dave

cj8mule

Thanks. I tried to search M1008 generator and didn't get anything. Tried just generator and well.... you know...
like a 1000 threads show up. A search for "M1031 generator" worked great.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be careful, just because it shows a SECM body doesn't mean its a M1031 always.
A M1031 will have a "B" as its 3rd digit in the serial number. The ones you showed are M1031s.
Some are mounted on M1028s though.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So did you buy the $5700 M1031 SECM or the $3800 M1031 SECM today? Ouch! Did the high dollar one have all the tools? The Miller MIG?

cj8mule

ouch... no way. Wasn't me! I'm not even sure if that welder was really in there.

I really only need a parts truck like the couple at ft hood on the 22nd. The front glass on those say bad engine. We'll see...

K9Vic

So did you buy the $5700 M1031 SECM or the $3800 M1031 SECM today? Ouch! Did the high dollar one have all the tools? The Miller MIG?
Yes the welder was in the higher priced truck, not the one that it was pictured with. If you look at the pictures of the lower priced truck there are two of them with the generator, one with the welder and tool box and one with out. Also the records show in 1991 there was $14k of work done on the higher priced truck, so it was probably rebuilt in 1991. I looked at the truck and it was just as nice looking as the pictures, but I could not afford nearly $6k after fees and TT&L. It did have allot of tools in it and was a running truck used on site and just recently retired. So who ever won that truck got a pretty good deal for the price if it was rebuilt in 1991.

I was hoping few would see it as it was listed as D30 and not M1028 or M1031, but guess that did not pay off. It was up to about $3k within the first 24hrs. The other truck was rough as you can see in the pictures, but I did not look into that one and did not know if it ran.

cj8mule

The pictures showed the welder in the bed, then later didn't. I was wondering if the pictures got mixed up between the trucks. Does that kind of stuff happen? I'm sure not going to buy what I need locally and will need to buy unseen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks