• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 glow plug issues

Jim Hunter

Hello guys,

Today I was trying to fix my glow plug system.
I have my glow plug module repaired (I also bought an new one from BMI as well).
Strange thing is that on the glow plug module plug where it should be 12V it has -12v!!!
I found one wire coming from the glow plug harness not connected and one black in the LH of the engine...

Attachments

cucvrus

I think that is normal. The blue wire on the left at the brake booster goes to a fuel pump on the M1010. Am I correct? I am not claming to know all but the single wire at the brake booster is always empty on the M1008-M1009 and all units without a rear fuel fired heater. Please someone correct me if I am wrong. And I think the other is just a ground that goes to the intake stud that hold the fuel line brackets with a spacer.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would be my guess as well on the ground wire.

The blue wire is indeed only used on the M1010 fuel pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks