• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Hanging Low (not in a good way)!

original

I have removed the front springs. They came off fairly easy. I normally have to press out the bushing. I will install new springs when they arrive. I will be removing the rear springs today for rotation. Peg leg makes a good joke at me. I had my right hip and upper leg bone replaced. I walk like I have a peg leg. Funny coincidence. Anyway, I'm going to put my degree to work in an attempt to fabricate a front leveling system. Any ideas on this project?

stampy

There may be air ride kits for the rear, but you can't put them in the front due to safety reasons. Then you could just air one side up more.

original

The air leveling would work great in the rear. I haven't had much time to work on a front system. I got off track adding a third battery and power inverter under the hood. Very time consuming. I might replicate the back front spring holders and make them adjustable in 1/4" increments. They would be hard to adjust, but how often would you need too. I'll get into it, if I can't make it stronger than it is now then I will leave it alone. I already bought new springs so the front end should be good for a few years. I would like to install another fuel tank or accessory on the passenger side to offset the weight.

original

I installed the front springs and rotated the rear ones the other day. Been to busy to update. The whole trucks is within a 1/16" side to side. I don't think fabricating a leveling system would be worth the effort. I will compare some rear air leveling systems and offset the weight on the passenger side. It took 25 years for the truck to lean. So with new front springs and offsetting the the weight. I shouldn't have to deal with any major leaning in the future. Thanks to all for your help. Maybe next time I'll post it in the correct forum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks