• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 heater

walkerbzz11

Under the dash there is a 10mm hex head bolt on the very right side. Under the hood there are 3 or 4 11mm hex head nuts on studs. Remove the heater hoses carefully from the heater core stems. carefully because they are going to adhere themselves to the heater core connections and you must gentle with the core. I would just replace the heater core when you have the box out. under the dash you will need to disconnect the defrost ductwork 1 bolt 8 mm on front center. And the 2 control cables are held to the box with 7mm head screws and push nuts to hold the cables on the air director flaps. Good Luck. I would remove the glove box also while you are this far. it makes everything easier. 4 7 mm head screws. The fastener sizes I mentioned are the stock OEM sizes. Sometimes you find whatever holding things together.
Ok. I bet those studs that hold the heater box will spin like a top. Maybe not. The dash pad and glove box have been out for a week. I've been fooling with the instrument cluster as well as finding that leak. I almost got to replace the blower motor and resistor but napa has to order the right parts. I got a 4 prong resistor and they tried to insist it takes a 3 prong and the blower motor ain't right either. The squirrel cage won't sit down all the way or something. The shaft on the motor won't come through the hole on the cage to put the nut on. Thanks.

ehuppert

Sorry, when I had burning mouse nest I removed blower motor assembly under the hood (not heater core cover) With blower motor out i was able to get all the debris out!

walkerbzz11

Sorry, when I had burning mouse nest I removed blower motor assembly under the hood (not heater core cover) With blower motor out i was able to get all the debris out!
I've taken everything apart in the heater and cleaned out rat nests, acorns and who knows what. Waiting on the proper blower and resistor to come in. If I get a new heater core where do you suggest I get one? I don't know of any radiator shops around here to check this one out but it seems fine.

walkerbzz11

Ok. Ive been getting stuff from Napa so we'll see.
So far no luck on a new heater core. The one I decided to buy at O'Reilly's has the closest dimensions until I got it home and tried to put it in. The inlet and outlet are too close together and won't fit through the firewall. The only reason I didn't take the one at Napa is price. I think their identical except for the price. Anybody know of a for sure part number I can give the salesman at the parts store?

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go into the TM's and you'll find the OEM part number, from there you should be able to cross reference different suppliers.

walkerbzz11

Yep. Even taking the old one with me but I missed the spacing between spouts.
This here job is done. New blower motor, resistor and heater core. I've also taken some preventative steps to keep out mice. Gonna need to duct tape around where the duct work hooks up for max airflow because it doesn't meet up properly but it blows pretty good.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks