• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Hitch Install

DerangedMadman

I have seen many people post about hitches on here so I figured I would post what I did.

First I searched all the hitches out there to find one strong enough to tow anything I wanted, something that would go along with the great strength of the truck.

Unfortunately they do not make a direct fit so I also had to find one that would come close that I could do minimal fabrication to with the goal of keeping all the original braces.

I ended up ordering this hitch from trailerhitches.com. I have actually seen the ad ran at the top of this site.

It is the Hidden Hitch 41940 Ultra Frame.

I wish I would have taken pictures of the work when I was doing it but I did not think about it at the time.

I had to cut off the front Gusset on each side of the hitch. I also had to open up the spacing just a little to clear the rear spring hanger brace. I had to cut out the two rivets holding in the frame support. Last I had to cut out the square spacer that was welded to the bottom brace that helps hold the lift shackles.

Over all it was pretty easy and I cannot wait until my new rims come in tomorrow so I can mount my radials. It wll be ready to tow.

Attachments