• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Injector Pump

bpcole

I'm replacing the IP on my 86 M1008. I managed to get my hands on a new Humvee IP. Will it work? The only difference I can see is the wire connections on top are slightly different. There's two, just like the old pump, but one is in a different place.

K9Vic

This has been discussed many times.

No it is not a direct instal. You have to change the fuel shut off solenoid with a 12v as it has a 24v. You may also need a 5-star torx bit to remove the cover.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep just switch out the 24v fuel cutoff solenoid with the Packard connectors with the 12v unit off the old pump..

The TM should cover how to do it.

bpcole

ok thanks! theres no pieces or parts that could fall off during the process right? Im under the impression that these IP's are very complicated little things. i dont wanna crack off the top of these things and springs go shooting everywhere!

Barrman

If you have the pump sitting like it would in the truck, nothing will pop out during a normal cover swap. Read the manual though. You have to slide the cover back in a bit or the truck won't turn off. Very easy swap to do in just a minute or so.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks