• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 intermittently blows ignition fuse

biggestc69

I'm new here and I've been through the previous threads and havent seen a similar post so I hope that I'm not reposting a previously answered question. I have just purchased an m1008 not running. After charging the batteries I had power and the engine would crank but the glow plugs would not cycle. I checked the fuses and found that the IGNITION fuse was blown. Replaced the fuse and the glow plugs cycle like a champ, truck runs fine. But every 4th or 5th start it will blow the IGNITION fuse. I know that this is due to a short or failing component in the ignition system, could it also be something in the glow plug system? I have the wiring schematics and I am familiar with army TM's I just wasnt sure if this was problem that someone else had encountered and could give me a good place to start or if I should just get the voltmeter out and start hunting down wires? Thanks for your time and answers!