• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 is done (for now)

bryab123

So I had a good weekend and was able to fix all the little stuff on my M1008. I bought it a couple months ago from the sherriffs dept. i had a buddy of mine paint the outside a couple weeks ago with 1 gallon of gillispie 383 green and it took every bit of it, ran out before we got the door jambs and the inside doors. i ordered 3 spray cans and finally finished it. also replaced the front axle shaft universal joint, drag link, and tie rod that was way past wore out. oil and fuel filter change. got the tires balanced and its like a new truck. I drove it and got 16.9 mpg!

bryab123

the only thing i can find that the S.O. did was paint it white, remove 3 shackles, the blackout light in the grille, and the bridge plate.

dwade

Now all you need is the camouflage. Refer to TB 43-209 Color, marking and camouflage painting of military vehicals... Page 62 and 63 shows how to graphically shade it.

BobM

That is a good looking truck. I also have wanted the OD green pickup for a good while. I also have had good luck with the 6.2s in the past and was ready for another one.
It earned it's keep tonite. We have about 1/4" of ice on top of about 1" of snow. It felt solid even with all 4 tires sliding on the ice. I think I am going to REALLY enjoy this truck.:-D