• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Lift and Tires

tymbom

Here is some pics of my M1008 that I recovered from Barstow last year with my father. It has 4in Tuff Country HD leaves, zero rates, and HD shackles in the front. In the rear is a 2 1/2in shackle flip with a 6in shackle and a zero rate. I also added cross-over steering, steering box brace, and braided extended lines. For shocks I'm using Bilstein 5125's that are spec'd for a 6in lift. Tires are 40x16x17in on 17x9 wheels with 4.625in backspace. I had to do some trimming on the fenders, mostly in the front fenders. I tried to keep the truck as low as possible and fit the biggest tires I could. I've wheeled it a few times and I'm extremely pleased with the way it rides and drives. The larger tires help keep the rpm's down too. They kinda kill acceleration a little and going up hills isn't fast, but it does good enough for me. It'll rumble right along at 60 mph getting 11-12 mpg. I went through Offroad Design for everything but the wheels, tires and shocks. They were great to work with and shipped everything quickly. The rear tires are moved forward in the wheelwell, but I plan to move them back an inch using the zero rates when I add a Doubler.

Attachments

tymbom

It was all I could do to keep my daughter Dahliah away from the truck while I worked on it. She will throw a fit if I don't take her for a ride in it. This pic is my background on my laptop:cool:
Edit: The LTBs rock by they way. I highly recommend them. 10oz of balancing powder in each one and it rolls pretty smooth.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cucvnut

I love the ssr's i had on my burban but the ltb's look nice on the black rims ! i might guve em a shot... are you going with a 203 and a 205 twin stick for your doubler ? ... your truck is excatly what mine will look like soon :)

Last edited:

tymbom

I think the 203 and 205 is the best route for me. I can round up the parts over time and not drop a huge chunk all at once. It gives plenty of options for gearing and adapter length. If I wanted to down the road I could add the Lomax gears to the 205, but I think stock transfer case gears in the 205 will be fine. With the lower ratio in the 208, it really doesn't need to be too much lower. It has good wheel speed in low range and with the turbo 400 it crawls pretty easy.

blzrgb

The wheels were built for the military after 9/11. They are a two piece aluminum with a heavey rubber insert between the two wheel halves, thus pinching both inner and outer bead. 16 inch diameter,8 lug,with very little offset. I'll try to load a picture.

Attachments