• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 lights not working need help / wiring diagram

Chevy_Muscle

I've tried searching and I've tried finding the manuals and I can't find them.

My problem is all the lights have stopped working on the M1008. I've tried the blackout / service light switches in different positions and no luck. There are no headlights, no tail lights no brake lights and no dash lights.

I've also checked the fuses and they are good.

Can someone give me a suggestion and/or possibly give me the wiring diagrams so that I can trace out this problem. Or tell me where to find the wiring diagram?

Thanks!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome back to SteelSoldiers. I see you haven't posted in a long time.

Make sure you visit the Cucv Wiki - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite (CUCV Wiki) that is at the top of the page on the CUCV Forum.

All of the CUCV Technical Manuals are listed and many other helpful bits of information.

Make sure you download the repair manuals. You can get then for free. A couple of our members have posted them on their websites.

Also the wiring diagrams are in the appendix of the -20 and -34 manuals.
JATONKAM35s HOME ON THE WEB

Also checkout the http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/20600-faq-thread-cucvs.html stickey. It is where we try to post helpful tips and tricks.

Almost every question you will have has been asked and answered many times. The advanced search will become your best friend. Please don't hesitate to ask something that you can't find.

Read the TM 9-2320-289-10 Operators Manual to find out how a stock system should work. It is simular to the Operators Manual for Civilian vehicles. It tells you where all the lighs, switches, etc are located and what they do.

Three of the most important tools you can buy are:
Voltmeter and know how to use it - ~$10 and up
12v Battery Charger - ~$50 for a decent one
Battery Load Tester - ~$30 for an okay one at Harbor Freight

----------

Now to your question.

The diagrams are in the appendix of the -20 and -34 manauls.

The headlight fuse controls many things. It overheats and causes the fusebox socket to partially melt. Make sure the fuse in making GOOD contact.

The also could be a fusible link that has blown.

The Service Light switch must be in the up position. The switch itself may have gone bad.

What else doesn't work on the truck? Does it start? Horn work? Turn signals? etc....

Attachments

Last edited:

Florida9

Like warthog said check the headlight fuse if it looks burned at all just replace it and check to see if maybe a ground wire came lose or broke off

kweb434

I have the same issue with M1008. Check the plastic box above the 30 amp fuse. Make sure it is in tight. How I check mine is I turn on the emergency flashers and move the box around until I hear the flasher relay start clicking. Click on the link and it will open the picture.
The TM's are a great resource. Good luck!!

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've tried the blackout / service light switches in different positions and no luck.
The headlights and other normal lights only work in one position(service drive). You do understand how to set the switch to that position, right?

Is this a new problem? Is this your first experience with a CUCV?

Chevy_Muscle

I know how that sounded doghead. I've had this truck for a couple of years now, I'm very familiar with the switches and what they do. This is a new problem, everything was working then it stopped. I'm sure something blew out (like a fuse) is got loose. I'll trace it out.

Bummy

I just put an 30amp auto breaker in my headlight fuse slot.:grd: Not the right way but it works. I think the short is in the head lights, but would have to run the park lights to make sure. One nice thing about the 12v circuit is that the blinkers, brake lights, blackout lights, and running lights are linked into the same slot. So if your blinkers don't work most likely none of your other lights will work as well.:shock::shock: There is another thread that's bigger for this same problem if this one doesn't help.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread is 4 years old. A lot has changed and many of the CUCV electrical issues have been addressed and posted in the stickies.

Bummy

Thanks warthog still trying to earn my stripes:-D. Don't quite know all the functions of the site yet just know that I am **** glad I joined.[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks