• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 M1028 Differences

Westech

CPL
Vin> well the vin is going to be different for every truck..... the 1028 had a locker in the front I think and a overload spring in the rear.. also the t case might be different from what I remember. For the most part there the same truck.. same trans, same engine, same axles.

m4A1

The tell tale is the vin as stated above and the overload spring in the rear of the M1028. What you dont see is the limited slip in the front for the M1028.

kenny

The tell tale is the vin as stated above and the overload spring in the rear of the M1028. What you dont see is the limited slip in the front for the M1028.
The m1010 has hd in the vin And I do not see overload springs.
Is it just a extra spring in the spring pack in the rear?

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 1028 has the NP205 iron transfercase. Where the 1008 a had came with the NP208. My 1028 also has the limited slip diff up front. But the 1008 had a open front diff. They both have the overload rear spring. The 1028 has some wiring that goes to the bed. I assume to power the shelter. I removed it however.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't forget the A2s and A3s. (Which the only difference is the transfer cases).

acmunro

My 1028 has the NP205 iron transfercase. Where the 1008 a had came with the NP208. My 1028 also has the limited slip diff up front. But the 1008 had a open front diff. They both have the overload rear spring. The 1028 has some wiring that goes to the bed. I assume to power the shelter. I removed it however.

You should have a M1028A1 then not a M1028 as a M1028 would have a NP208.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks