• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 painted

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much paint did you use? Which color did you use?

I'm considering painting my M1009 & M1028A2 in the coming months. Might not be until next year. Have not really started the research cycle on the paint.

Any info you can share would be appreciated.

mikelee

Painted truck with rapco 34086. Replaced boxsides due to dents from lift truck. rest of the truck only had small dents and no rust so it was pretty easy just spent most time just straightening and blocking. inside got a new dash and rubber from LMC Truck and heavy floor mat with padding from Jc Whitney This was the most solid truck I have ever came across. Truck was from New Jersey where it was used as National Guard troop carrier. Went through mechanicals to make it reliable. Now it,s time for another project if I sell this one..Thanks to all for information on technical post really was helpful..Next on will be a duece...

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks