• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Polaris Area in Ohio

AMBARMY

Hey guys. I was looking into buying a deuce but found that my home owners association really would not go for it. So now I am looking to buy a M1008 or a M1009. I hear that the M1008 can tow more and has stronger axles. Long story short I am new to these trucks and are looking for some pro's and con's. I would use it to tow and do some off roading.
Does the 6.5 have any electronics or is it pretty much all mechanical?
Easy to work on?
I am looking to make mine pretty nice so is it easy to replace worn or broke interior parts such as dash, gauges, steering column, things of that nature.
Any tips on what I should absolutely change or swap out once I do get it. I seen the starter article and know that's a must!

Anyone in the Columbus area have one I can see and ride in?

Thanks for all your help and advance. I will be working 15hr days for the next two weeks so if I don't post anything back quickly you will know why.

Anthony :lost:

axlr8

Ive been there, need to study those amazing things called TMs. They cover the repair, lists, and anything else you need to know except where to find parts. Look for em at jatonkam35.com they are free and will answer any question you have....(almost).... Good luck