• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 question

MarcusOReallyus

What fiber gasket do I need for under the air cleaner in my 6.2 M1008? I have a brand new OEM air cleaner with no gasket for the under side above the intake. Lots of noise. todd.graham220@gmail.com Westfield IN

Any time you need parts, just look for parts for an '84 Chevy K30. That's what it is. It has a few military doo-dads, but other than the alternators, the military stuff is pretty obvious. Everything else is just a Chevy truck with a J-code 6.2.

By the way, you don't have an 85 or an 86, no matter what the data plate says. You have an 84. The Army didn't want the hassle of dealing with model year changes in their supply chain, so they required them all to be built to 84 specs. When you need parts, you want 1984 parts, no matter if your truck was built in 84, 85, or 86.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks