• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 rear wheel cylinder

Hi
im doing a brake job and I noticed there are two different part numbers for the rear wheel brake cylinder in the tm. How can I decide which one is correct for me?
m1008

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just call the parts store. See what they show.
Do not mention it's a former military truck.

M1008 is just a 1984 Chevy K30 with a few military tweaks.

ralbelt

What Tinstar said, I did mine last fall , 1984 K30 got everything no problem. a good time to do all the brake lines and front brake hoses also.

cucvrus

I happened to be at a parts store when a guy was ordering parts for his 1987 Shelter carrier Chevrolet truck. That was his words. The parts guy at the counter was baffled. The CUCV guy kept saying 1987 Chevrolet shelter carrier 5/4 ton truck. The counter guy still was baffled. The CUCV guy was a dick about it. The CUCV guy said yea its a 1 1/4 ton truck not a 1 ton. Rather then help I got my parts and went about my business. About an hour later I see him at another parts store and 2 hours later he was at Autozone when I drove by. You always have that guy that needs to stand out and think he has something more then a Chevrolet K30 pick up truck and a K 5 Blazer. Really folks that is all they are. Nothing more. A few extras welded and bolted on. But nothing that the general public could not buy on the stock civilian truck in the line of driveline and body. All the other stuff is bolt on. Except the electrical system. And we all know you can get by without this 24 volts system. I don't but many do. Have a great day. That is why I like CUCV's they are plain and simple.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at the UOC code. UOC 209 is for the M1009 blazer. At the front of the TM, there is a list of UOC codes basically telling you which vehicle it's used on. Kudos for using the parts TM. In your case it would be 18004794. I crossed that over to NSN using the appendix and got 2530-01-096-6764. Checked that at parttarget and found this which lists some interchanges.
http://www.parttarget.com/2530-01-0...68.html/-DCA99EF9-46C5-41C9-80AA-5AD9E9E091AD

Took only a couple of minutes.

Now to confuse you further, the parts listing for a civy K30 yields 2 part numbers. The one for dual wheels has a larger bore. I use these on my SECM as it weighs 8300 with just the tools it carries. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 2 part numbers in the TM cover UOC209 (blazer) and the other part number is for all the other UOC codes which is basically all the trucks. I did see that you were referring to the TM, that's why all the UOC details.

Understood. I got what you were saying as soon as I went back to the tm, that's why I edited my previous post. I do appreciate you, recovery4x4, answering my question.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks