• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Restoration ...done

durney

Well almost, still need to find a perfect dash pad and install the new window seals. Looked high and low for a mint one and found one that was close. Tried to duplicate the "brown" one that GL sold this year. Ended up with a 4 gal case of CARC 30051 I didn't even use.(anyone want it?) Truck was stripped (mostly) to bare metal, pulled a few dings, replaced a dented fender etc. Did lots of mechanicals (pump rebuild, new rad, hoses, filter/mount/ gp's, tank flush, etc / etc. Blasted frame and shot it with Zero rust, the painted interior exterior with TM9 2430 and addd 6% flattening. New seat covers/and even added new carpet (more for the sound deadening). Put new treadwrights on it and it looks perfect! pics:

CAM00391.jpg

durney

Thanks folks. I have several M-types and didn't want this to be a hassle resto. I set a goal of 4 weeks and it took 5 because of the paint color search. Heres a pic of the crack in the dash I repaired, it looks just ok and the truck is too nice not to have a good pad in it, the repops don't fit well and my upholstery guy is swamped right now (and he mentioned those are a bitch). I redyed the visor but left the backside for the sake of the trucks history. Anyone know what "Pistol City Rebels" refers to? Its from MD and was a base combat team truck.
CAM00206.jpgCAM00321.jpg

durney

Thanks again guys. The pics dont really do it justice. The dash was fixed with flexible bondo and seam sealer. You can still see it if you look close so im still on the hunt for a perfect one. I had a guy stop by to look over my minty m35a2 for sale and i think he spent as much time looking at the 1008.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks