• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 reverse lights

Macmatrix

This has been a problem that I have been to lazy to fix and figured now is a good time to fix the issue. I have no reverse lights and i bought the truck this way. I went to check the bulbs and both were burned out. So I went to the autopart store and got me two new ones. They did nothing after installing them. All of the connections are good and so is the fuse. I don't think it is the switch on the column because I can start in neutral but i could be wrong
All help is appreciated.

cucvrus

I would say you need the neutral safety switch on the bottom of the steering column. It has a tab that fits in the shift tube of the column and it is probably broken off. I bought one at the Zone for less than $15. warranted for life. That is where I would look first. Easy to install. No tools needed. It just gets aligned and snaps in place. Plug and play.

Macmatrix

I will do that first thing today and see if it fixes the issue. Why would both bulbs be burned like they were?

cucvrus

Getting wet possibly. Or on to long and burnt out. Were they green looking? Poor connection and bad ground. Same thing but possible. I did not see the bulbs so Good Luck. I think you have it covered. Check the signal at the rear plug see if you have current there and then trace it back. These are not new trucks and many things could have happened corrosion is a major player at this point.