• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 shocks

ttrr63

Can someone give me a part number and brand for front and rear shocks for my M1008. I am leaving on the MVPA Alaska convoy in three weeks. Thanks

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you downloaded the FREE technical and parts manuals? It is highly recommended.

The GM part number is listed in the TM 9-2320-289-20P parts manual.

Front GM 3187846
Rear GM 3187845

Any parts house should be able to get whatever brand you want.

Tell them a 1984 K30 with the diesel engine.

Sounds like a fun trip. Wish I could tag along.

Last edited:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are numerous choices for your truck - here's three from LMC Trucks

Truck Parts and Truck Accessories

I used the Edelbrock shocks at the bottom of this page for my Suburban

When I installed some new shocks on an M1009 I owned, I went with some 'stock type' shocks on the front from Checker in Denver, but for the rears I went with coil over shocks because I used that truck to tow an M101 trailer with.

It made the ride a bit stiffer without a trailer, but with a fully loaded trailer, it smoothed the ride right out.

mtn man

I bought the monroe HD shocks from local parts store... buy 3 get one free online. Just ordered for 1984 K30 1ton SRW and they work great. Just be sure to soak those old nuts a day before with some penatrating oil... they don't like to move after all those years...

Keith_J

Have you downloaded the FREE technical and parts manuals? It is highly recommended.

The GM part number is listed in the TM 9-2320-289-20P parts manual.

Front GM 3187846
Rear GM 3187845

Any parts house should be able to get whatever brand you want.

Tell them a 1984 K30 with the diesel engine.

Sounds like a fun trip. Wish I could tag along.
Did EXACTLY that at NAPA and got the WRONG shocks. Even with the GM number.

huckabeer

Shockwarehouse.com

Bilstein shocks are great.

Have them on everything I own
Tinstar - I'm looking into raising my 84' M1008 4" and found the front bilstein shocks on shockwarehouse - no luck with the rear. Do you happen to have the parts number for the shocks you purchased?

Also - any opinion on Tuff Country on the front w a shackle flip on the back? That seems to be the overwhelming opinion on the route to go

cucvrus

You may be right, I may be crazy. But I'm sure Tinstar don't do any lift kits or shackle flips to his CUCV's. I remove lift kits and shackle flips from CUCV's and return them to stock height. If I am incorrect Tinstar chime in and I will exercise my Miranda rights. But I think if you look in "CUCV Hot-rodding and modifications" you may find the answer you seek. Good Luck. Be Safe.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks