• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Snow Plow Set Up

rsrxc700

Looking to set up my truck with a plow and have a few questions.

Does a standard truck side mount for a civilian 1986 K30 fit the M1008?

Electrical :
I am new to this 12v/ 24v system.

I have always run 2 batteries in parallel and a beefed up alternator on my gas plow trucks for extra current demand. The modern diesels I have had the 2 batteries also in parallel, i believe.

For this set up on the M1008 I was thinking of doing two 12v in parallel in front battery tray and keeping the rear for 24v.

Thinking the stock alternators will be good enough.

Looking for good battery set up for cold weather staring and also the 12v current demand of the plow.

Dont worry, I will not be taking out in the salt, just gonna use it to plow on my property .

What has worked for you guys?

Thanks!

rsrxc700

One of those belt driven ones would be sweet, but I am initially planning to use the Western MVP plow that I have for my daily driver truck and also be able to use it on the M1008 .

cucvrus

Looking to set up my truck with a plow and have a few questions.

Does a standard truck side mount for a civilian 1986 K30 fit the M1008?

Electrical :
I am new to this 12v/ 24v system.

I have always run 2 batteries in parallel and a beefed up alternator on my gas plow trucks for extra current demand. The modern diesels I have had the 2 batteries also in parallel, i believe.

For this set up on the M1008 I was thinking of doing two 12v in parallel in front battery tray and keeping the rear for 24v.

Thinking the stock alternators will be good enough.

Looking for good battery set up for cold weather staring and also the 12v current demand of the plow.

Dont worry, I will not be taking out in the salt, just gonna use it to plow on my property .

What has worked for you guys?

Thanks!
I have run plows on now less then 20 CUCV's of different variants. They are the same as the civilian K30 and I never had any electrical issues. Stock Western Pro plows and a few Fishers. All worked out till the CUCV was dead. Then the plow and the truck went to the recycler.

cucvrus

The nice thing about a CUCV is that it is able to keep up with the electrical demands during plowing. I have plowed 24 hours straight a few years back when we were hit with 42" of snow and the CUCV's ran all night with the lights and heaters on high. I had a new GMC that I had to run with the lights off because it could not keep up with the demands. That was the only time that ever happened and the truck had a snow plow package from factory. 1662483502312.png1662483539385.png
1662483563507.png It go BOOM and not go no more. This has over 250K on it now today and never seen a wheel bearing or any other driveline issues. I think the front drive shaft was not properly seated from new. That happened with 2600 miles on it. It has not missed a beat since. It did struggle with overloaded electrical system a few times and the battery was always low. It healed itself. I was jump starting several big trucks and running it hard for several days non stop. 220 amp alternator. I can't explain.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks