• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Spacers

lincolntwilliams

Hey guys first post, i just picked up a 1986 M1008. I'm planning to put H1 wheels and tires on it. I'm good on the lift portion, its the wheel spacers that scare me. I've always heard they are bad news.

I've done a bunch of searching on here but the conversation of steel vs billet aluminum/ safety/ wear and tear and brand hasn't throughly discussed.

I really like Trail Worthy's re-centered wheels but are out of my price range as of current. I've got a line on some Gm 16.5" wheels for a fair price but I really like the H1 wheel for looks and its a beadlock.

Steel spacers are pretty spendy and wouldn't make sense to buy (price wise). What about 6160 aluminum ones?

Some one mentioned a special lug nut? or stud?

dstang97

I run them. And have put 10k miles on them and they have been fine. Even towed 10k with them. There not the best but work for me. I paid 260 for mine off pirate.

cocco78

Lots of people run spacers, but honestly the recentered H1's are the way to go. There are a few different vendors that offer them, trailworthy fab seems to have fair prices. Take the money you would spend on the spacers and put them towards new wheels. But on the other hand, if you don't need a runflat/beadlock wheel use something else. They are heavy as **** and require alot to balance.

lincolntwilliams

2 inch. You guys that have them only on the front, is it noticable that the front end is 4 inches wider?

With the dually front hubs, how much wider are they? They look like 4 or 5 inches...

CAMP9, I just checked for you and dont see any in scratch and dent section at this time,It looks like every few weeks thier there. Their # was sd1095-18 . On rough country site then to scratch ans dent which takes you to flebay. Good luck!

Tim

Skinny

But on the other hand, if you don't need a runflat/beadlock wheel use something else. They are heavy as **** and require alot to balance.
This is exactly why I chose not to do the H1's, recentered or spaced. This truck will not be a rockcrawler and I do not intend on being shot at while driving. Therefore, I really have no need for such a rim. Not only is the extra weight a concern, but handling them is just a pain. I installed a set of 4 tires on 26 bolt single beadlock alloys. Almost an all day project. It has been said, unless you REALLY need them, not worth the hassle.

If anything, run the internal Stauns if you need the beadlock.

camp9

Thanks for all the info. Scratch and dent, that's why I couldn't find them for that price. I'll make that a regular check when on line and wait until there available again.

Check these spacers out. Just got them for the front. $95 with free shipping from eBay and came with the correct 9/16" studs and lug nuts small enough to fit inside the wells to mount the spacers to the truck.

Attachments