• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Speedometer recalibration

Skinny

I believe all you really need to do is change the driven gear in the t-case (the one that connects to the speedometer cable). Look here, there is also a calculator to choose the correct gear tooth count.
Speedometer Gear, Speedometer Gears, Ford, GM, Dodge 700R4
Great location for speedo parts!

I have a 205 tcase. All I saw was the gear that is splined onto the output shaft. I need to change the speedo cable gear I'm assuming. This site didn't have too much on the 205 tcase.

Installed a blue 38 tooth driven gear today. Piece of cake job but as mentioned earlier, the smaller blue gear did not contact the t case drive gear. No need to buy a new housing. All I did was grind the smallest cast in tab off the housing to get rid of the interference with the locking bracket, and that allowed me to rotate the housing 180 degrees so the teeth mesh perfectly. Nice having a speedometer that is correct and even nicer is being able to drive 65 comfortably with the 37's! [thumbzup]