• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 starts up then shuts off

ridgerunner1008

on cold starts my m1008 starts right up then shut off after a second or two. once its warmed up the problem goes away. is my fuel leaking off during the night? the glow plugs are working also thanks for any help

acmunro

It sounds like air getting into the fuel system. My M1008 seems to do the same thing. If it sets for a few days it will crank over and almost start right away, then you have to crank and crank to get it to take off again. If it runs two days in a row. It fires right up. I am going to check mine out this week end. Probably the fuel filter base.

diesel583

You can put some clear lin on the pump return to check for air. The civillion trucks were bad about cracks in the fuel filter base. Also check all the rubber lines. Found several bad lines on the tank