• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Tire Pressure Question

80seriesiii

My M1008 has TP80 stenciled above each tire, while the tag in the door recommends 80psi for the rear and 60psi for the front. The stenciled information seems way off. And the tag info seems weird. Am I reading it wrong?
I have been running 65psi rear, 45psi front.
Thanks!

True Knight

I obviously have vastly different tires than stock, but I run the front at about 40 psi and the rear at about 35. Mostly due to the light weight of the rear with no load. With these pressures I get full contact patch of the tire contacting the road in the rear and the front tires don't bulge or look low on pressure. When I do carry a heavy load I just pump up the rear tires to about 55-60 psi.

chevyCUCV

I run 60/65 front/rear
Sometimes it the other way when i rotate my tires!

does it handle smoother with 45 psi? Maybe softer over the bumps?

True Knight

I run 60/65 front/rear
Sometimes it the other way when i rotate my tires!

does it handle smoother with 45 psi? Maybe softer over the bumps?
Not really enough to notice at 45. But when I air down off road you can definitely feel the difference. Especially while driving back on pavement to a gas station to air back up!