• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Troop seats mounted to M1101

ARYankee

I think I found a great set of M1008 troop seats for an awesome price. I've attached a picture of the seats. I'm contemplating getting them and mounting them on my M1101 that I got. My wife says that the M1101 would make a great parade trailer to haul folks in and I agree. I'm thinking of mounting those seats on it for that reason and so I could have some taller sides as well. Has anyone else done this? If I decide to go through with it I will post up a build thread.

Attachments

Last edited:

ARYankee

I think we are going to use the m105 side racks and adapte an m813 seats to it.
That is a good option. I've also heard of some people wanting to do that with deuce troop seats. I ran across these troop seats and really couldn't pass on them for the price. Plus I was curious to see if anyone had made troop seats for an M1101 since the cover and bow kit really doesn't have side racks like the M101s or M105s. I figure that I can make a modified bow system for those seats so I can use my $75 M1101 cover that I got at a flea market a couple months ago.

indy4x4fab

Banned
I have some tube style hummv bows that you may want to think about using as bows for your m1101 if you have a hard time makeing bows work with those m1008 troop seats. Just a thought.

Sierra51

The outside pic shows the nylock nuts and flatwashers against the bed wall....I going to fab up backing plates to prevent any "pull-thru"....the swivel points on the seat legs are secured with ball type push pins....still have to bolt or weld a 3/4" x 1/8" steel angle to the bottom on the seat legs on each seat that will contact the floor so the legs don't punch thru....the sidewall pivot piece was cut down in length and the top side notched for the trailer bow pockets....

cwayne43

I have a pair of Troop seats for sale if anyone interested $150.00 but they need a little work metal frame in good shape and painted carc. If interested text or call 229 five6zero-zerosixsixtw0 for photos

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you do this, I advise you only use your trailer for parades. Not a good idea to be transporting people in a trailer at road speeds..

ARYankee

If you do this, I advise you only use your trailer for parades. Not a good idea to be transporting people in a trailer at road speeds..

Yeah that was my plan. I just wanted it for parades and to have taller sides as well but mainly for parades/hay rides.

I have to regroup on this anyways because I let the troop seats get away.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks