• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 w/37" Humvee tires: highway cruising speed?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You'll need to either cut the fenders or go with a 4" lift with light cutting. There's 2 and 3" body lifts, but you'll need to modify the bumper mounts (front and rear), shifter links, wiring, fan shroud, fuel filler neck, and radiator lines. Lots of stuff to mod.

You'll need a 6" lift for no cutting.

goldneagle

You'll need to either cut the fenders or go with a 4" lift with light cutting. There's 2 and 3" body lifts, but you'll need to modify the bumper mounts (front and rear), shifter links, wiring, fan shroud, fuel filler neck, and radiator lines. Lots of stuff to mod.

You'll need a 6" lift for no cutting.
I managed to do mine with 4" lift and 2" spacers on the front wheels and no cutting. New springs in front and 4 inch lift blocks in rear. 4 new shocks. Adjustable drag link for the steering.

ballencd

I have 35-12.5R15 on my M1009 and they fit and run fine with no lift or mods. I also have 35-10.5R15 on my 1988 V10 Suburban and they fit and run fine with no mods.

mx599

What's wrong with a little fender trimming?
maybe nothing if my truck looked as good as yours!

I am intrigued by your wheels and tires...do you have connections? or are those available to anyone? can you tell me where to buy them? Also, would they be okay for some gooseneck towing? Do you know approximate load bearing rating?

thanks everyone

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What's wrong with a little fender trimming?
After having countless chevys that I've tried to cram too much tire with too little lift, I said I'd not with my 1008. Was absolutely fine with the 36's. But when I went to 37's I've had one tire to briefly kiss a fender. Guess I need a set of zero rates now...

mx599

After having countless chevys that I've tried to cram too much tire with too little lift, I said I'd not with my 1008. Was absolutely fine with the 36's. But when I went to 37's I've had one tire to briefly kiss a fender. Guess I need a set of zero rates now...
sorry, what are zero rates?

I hate starting new interests and annoying people on new forums!!