• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 "wait light" issue

SSG ALBANESE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYA-nGe-uK8&feature=youtu.be

As you can see when I break and at full stop my wait light flickers and stays on. The outside temp is only 55 degrees F. Truck is at operational temp. Exhaust smoke is normal (new rebuild, doesnt really smoke at all at temp). I do not hear the relay or solenoid clicking when the light comes on in this matter.

For the first start of the day I have no starting issues and the light and relay do their job just fine.

I researched old threads and didnt find anything useful.

Anyone have input?

Attachments

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The power for the Wait Light is hot when ever the key is on. Pink Wire #139E and #139F

The GP controler card provides a ground. DK Blue Wire #507

Since this is happening during braking, I am guessing there is a short in the blue ground wire and is rubbing on the metal frame somewhere. Or the contacts for the GP controller are dirty. Or the card may be bad.

Attachments

Last edited:

Barrman

Pull your card, clean the contacts with a pencil erasor, clean the metal contacts in the case with a file and once you check your wiring for breaks. See if that makes any difference.

SSG ALBANESE

The card is new from CUCVelectric and has/was doing good.

Warthog: I had cut the blue wire going into the GPC to install a push button but ended up reconnecting it because I purchased the new GPC.

I will need to check the wiring for the breaks but I should have shown me putting the truck in park with no brakes. Same thing happens.

SSG ALBANESE

I was having the same problem I changed the Temp. sensor and GP card from CUCV Electric fixed the flicker.

Well the Controller is new and it is the legacy from C.E.

I also ordered two temp sensors but I have a question.

I have two sensors one on the front of the block Dside and one on the rear drivers side. Both are located close to the glow plugs. What are these sensors called?

I believe the other two I recieved go on the top of the heads close to the firewall. Correct?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok firing up an old thread for a simular issue.

Mine Starts GREAT! every time, but the wait light stays on for a long time

It's warm out, resistor bypassed, new looking relay, original looking GP module.
Turn the key to on wait light comes up, I give it a few seconds then hit the key and it's running. Wait light goes out in about 30 seconds.
Once the engine cools off a little I'm going to pull the wires from the temp sensor & clean those connections & check resistance of the sensor.
Trucks has new 13G GP's in it, I have some 60G's to put in after I sort out the wait light, and get new connectors.
Currently trying to download the -20 TM again, (failed on me over the weekend)
although I Didn't see this issue in the GP trouble shooting index before it crashed.

edit: Bubba did it!
Ok this truck had a plow on it, I'm guessin Bubba was havin a hard time getin er goin on da cold mornins.
So he disconnected the voltage sensor wire (orange) and hid it in the wire loom. He also put a resistor in the yellow wire to the temp sensor. I hooked up the orange wire and now the wait light is on for about 6 seconds. Going to bypass that resistor next.

Last edited:

0vierstra

1984 Chevy 6.2 temperature sender. Nothing special about it. Available from all the usual suspects.

Newbie to the CUCV but I have replaced the Dash Wire Harness and Steering Column (zillion short and ground issues). I have a Bypassed GP board and a manual push button. I wanted to return it to factory, soon. However, My wait light is coming on at high RPM only. Same issue? Seems a little odd for that one. A bad GP controller, thus the Reason they installed a manual switch? OR excess vibration at high RPM? Temp Sensor most logical place to start?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks